There are several versions of this activity online, and this is what we did:
- We went out into our yard, which was very wet from all the rain, and gathered some dirt (mud) and a few rocks and plants.
- We used some decorative rocks and dried flowers to decorate as well
- I put a small glass jar and covered it in the mud. Then I put wheatberries (seeds) on top of the “tomb.” These do not take long to grow and will cover the “tomb” in grass by Pascha.
- We found a large rock to put in front of the “tomb”.
- Later in the week, we will use an icon of Christ to hang on the cross and then transfer to the tomb.
- On Pascha, the tomb will be empty!