You’re asked to share some facts about yourself then answer the questions posed by the nominee. Here are some facts about me:
- We just moved to North Carolina and I love it here!
- I never imagined I’d have a large family.
- I used to be completely against homeschooling (I was a High School English Teacher).
- Since I have a hard time sitting still, I took up crochet when I began homeschooling David.
- One of my favorite things is going on road trips with my husband.
- When I follow a recipe, the food comes out alright, but when I just make it up as I go along, the meal is excellent but I have trouble duplicating it (even if I write it down).
- I am terrible at baking cookies but make delicious breads, cakes and pies.
- Fresh air is my favorite thing in the world.
- I am ready to move into our new home and begin our life again!!
Questions posed by Jenny:
1. Why do you blog? I began blogging over a decade ago and it is just something that I do. When I don’t do it for a while, I miss it. I used to blog all.the.time, but now it is hit and miss. One of these days, life will calm down a bit and I can get back to it more.
2. What draws you to read others’ blogs? Simplicity, beauty, applicability to my life, inspiration, helpful information and friendship.
3. What is the last book you read? What did you think of it? I am currently reading Simplicity Parenting. It is excellent thus far and I hope to really implement what I have read in the new home.
4. What are your family’s Pascha (Easter) traditions? We converted to Orthodoxy in Kentucky and attended the same parish for almost 10 years before we moved. There, we attended services, broke the fast in the middle of the night with friends at church, and then went home to sleep. Our children always woke up early regardless of going to bed late, so we would munch on things from the Pascha basket and the kids would get to open their own fun baskets that morning. Then we would go to Agape Vespers and Parish Picnic at a beautiful park nearby. I do not know what this year’s traditions will look like, but I am looking forward to making new ones in our new home.
5. If you were offered an all expenses paid trip to somewhere, where would you go and why? I would love to take my husband and travel to Greece. I love the food, culture and faith. I also really love Great Britain, and I would love to go visit my sister-in-law’s family in Wicklow, Ireland. And, I’ve always wanted to go to Alaska. Can I squeeze all of those into one trip?!
I will admit that I do not read blogs nearly as much as I used to. Some of my favorites have already been nominated by Jenny, but here are a few more for you to check out.
Below, I’ve linked to some lovely blogs that I nominate for the Liebster Award:
My five questions for the nominees (if you choose to accept the challenge):
- How long have you been blogging? And why do you keep blogging?
- What are you favorite types of blogs?
- if you had an entire day to yourself, what would you do?
- Do you or your family have any Lenten traditions?
- What is your favorite meal to make for your family?